5 reasons why you shouldn't do your own marketing.
Updated: Nov 22, 2019
More often than not, businesses are doing their own marketing to save money. There are so many problems with this. Here are five of them.
1. For a start, it’s just another ball you need to juggle when you’re already so busy, plus you’re more likely to drop all the balls if you take on too much. Use your time wisely and focus on what you are good at.
2. Direction. Do you ever wonder if you’re spending your money on the right marketing? Once you have a professional plan, you will have confidence in implementing your marketing initiatives and know when to say no.
3. Value: If you think you can't afford to pay a professional marketer, have a think about the time and money (often wasted) it takes to attempt it yourself or get your assistant to try. And what results are you getting? Spend your time and money wisely and get results. Consider using a marketing agency as your ongoing marketing department.
4. Success. Success is not based on the number of Likes you're getting on your Facebook page, it's about engagement and ultimately sales. A marketing agency will spend the time to understand what success means to you and will know how to achieve better results. Which brings us to our final point...
5. Economies of Scale: Marketing agencies have templates that can save time, then be adjusted to suit your business. They have a collection of suppliers to choose from to get the job done quickly and cost efficiently, often passing on discounted rates.
One example that comes to mind is a recent ad that New World Warkworth needed for a brochure we were creating. Their Foodstuffs Head Office internal design department were too busy to do their ad creative so New World Warkworth designed their own ad and sent it through. This would have taken their Marketing Co-ordinator a fair bit time to do, and it still didn't look quite right plus wasn't to spec. We offered our services to redesign their ad, and after approving our quote (which wasn't a lot at all), the ad was redesigned and approved in less than 24 hours and looked perfect!
AFTER and BEFORE: